At Martinshaw School we aim to:
Promote and support curriculum music for all children as an entitlement through their classroom experiences, and follow the national curriculum.
- Provide experiences and resources which promote knowledge, skills and understanding in music, in relation to both their own and other’s traditions.
- Provide learning experiences in music which promote confidence and development of the child.
- Promote a music curriculum with relevant differentiated experiences.
- Promote progression and continuity in music through careful curriculum planning and monitoring, in line with the school’s assessment and recording policies.
- Promote opportunities for the child to further develop musical skills through an extended curriculum.
- Promote the continuing development of expertise and confidence in music for all/relevant members of staff.
- Recognise ways in which ICT may be incorporated into, and developed by the music curriculum and used to enhance the musical experiences of all children.
- Provide all children, during KS2, at least one opportunity to learn to play a musical instrument taught by a specialist music teacher.